Principals who retire but continue to dance

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#16 LiLing

LiLing

• PipPipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 11:29 AM

Michele Wiles, and Charles Askegard left ABT, and NYCB to form a co. together called Ballet Next. A good name for this thread too!

#17 abatt

abatt

Sapphire Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,557 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 01:34 PM

Speaking of Ballet Next, they are performing at the Brooklyn Academy of Music next week:

http://www.bam.org/balletnext

#18 pherank

pherank

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,206 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 02:37 PM

What about Sylvie Guillem? I saw her doing a Kitri which (in my opinion) equalled Osopova's. I dancer I would love to know more about.

Thanks to Maria Kochetkova for mentioning this interview, in English, with Sylvie Guillem on her Twitter page (probably the most entertaining Twitter page in the country):

http://www.japantime...m/#.UovZu41rWEy

"Maybe in a few years, I will decide to stop when the pain gets to be too much. I enjoy dancing but there is a time to say goodbye to it as well. I’ve been preparing myself for a long, long time — but for the moment, I’m not there yet. I’m enjoying it as fully as I can."

--Sylvie Guillem

#19 diane

diane

Bronze Circle

• PipPipPipPip
  • 361 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 06:10 AM

I really like it that Ms Guillem is using her celebratory status to promote things such as ocean protection and other environmental causes. 

-d-

#20 pherank

pherank

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,206 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 09:35 PM

I really like it that Ms Guillem is using her celebratory status to promote things such as ocean protection and other environmental causes. 

-d-

Agreed. She is making good use of her time on the Earth.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):