This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Anastasia Volochkova?

KayDenmark

The Independent, a British newspaper, recently ran a long feature story on a 25-year-old Russian ballerina named Anastasia Volochkova...a very pretty lady whose appearances in London are being financed by a wealthy lawyer. (The gentleman claims to have only an artistic interest, although he recently divorced his wife.)

Has anybody seen Ms. Volochkova perform? Does her talent match her looks, and her ability to command publicity?

well she's pretty in a way. although she has very nice legs and is well proportioned, i found her to be weak and somewhat over-extended. she does have talent, but somewhere is the appearance at least of not enough attention being paid to development.

[ 08-21-2001: Message edited by: Mme. Hermine ]

If I am not confusing things, she was with Kirov, then with Bolshoi - but what is she doing now?

-- oops, sorry, found the article - for convenience, here's the link: http://www.independent.co.uk/story.jsp?story=89101

I saw her end of 1996 in Kirov's Nutcracker (partnered by Zelensky) and thought she was pretty and good - but there was not much to dance for both of them anyway...

[ 08-22-2001: Message edited by: Sonja ]