This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Elena Bivona (popularlibrary)

I, too, will miss her voice and her insights. Thank you, emilienne, for informing us.

I remember popularlibrary's first appearances on Ballet Talk and have always read what she posted carefully and with pleasure. We had a number of experiences in common, including having attended NYCB before the move to the State Theater. There's always a bond among those of us who remember those days.

Popularlibrary was one of those members who made me feel especially grateful to be a part of the ongoing Ballet Talk conversation.

what a shock.

i wish i'd known EB was BT's popularlibrary so i could have re-acquainted myself w/ her.

she knew e.gorey before i did and i knew her through him, when she was still living in queens.

she was a HUGE mcbride fan and then became quite taken w/ bruce lee and his movies.

arlene croce's BALLET REVIEW published her essays, a good number of them, some on lee's kung-fu flics. one was a positive assessment of THE GOLDBERG VARIATIONS (Robbins) which croce didn't much care for, but thought she'd like to read a well argued piece on the ballet by someone who did, so she asked EB to write an essay about the ballet.

i had long wondered what became of her.

now i know, too late.