This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

San Francisco Ballet 2009

Here's the cast listing (sorry, I'm at work and don't have time to make it pretty).

CastingOpening Night Gala

Wednesday, January 21, 2009, 8pm

Opening Night Gala Opening Night

Wednesday, January 21, 2009, 8pm

TARANTELLA

Conductor: Martin West

Piano: Michael McGraw

Frances Chung*, Daniel Deivison*

PAS DE DEUX from POLYPHONIA

Piano: Michael McGraw

Katita Waldo, Ivan Popov*

TCHAIKOVSKY PAS DE DEUX

Tina LeBlanc, Isaac Hernandez

CONFIDENCIAS

Piano: Roy Bogas

Lorena Feijoo*

EXCERPT from GISELLE, ACT II

Yuan Yuan Tan, Ivan Popov

EXCERPTS from DOUBLE EVIL

Music: Tape

Elana Altman, Pauli Magierek, Dores Andre, Maria Kochetkova

Anthony Spaulding, James Sofranko, Pascal Molat, Garen Scribner

INTERMISSION

RAYMONDA PAS DE DEUX

Maria Kochetkova*, Joan Boada*

PAS DE DEUX from IN THE MIDDLE, SOMEWHAT ELEVATED

Music: Tape

Sofiane Sylve*, Pierre-François Vilanoba

PAS DE DEUX from LE CORSAIRE

Vanessa Zahorian, Taras Domitro

MEN'S REGIMENT and FINALE from STARS AND STRIPES

Pascal Molat*

Rachel Viselli*, Hansuke Yamamoto*

Elizabeth Miner*

Lily Rogers*

* Designates premiere in a role.

Casting subject to change.

I attended last night's gala performance and will try to post more details later, but a few thoughts:

• Tina LeBlanc was especially lovely last night. She will definitely be missed
  • Loved Raymonda with Maria Kochetkova and Joan Boada. They are a wonderful pair.
  • Very impressed with Taras Domitro (Le Corsaire with Vanessa Zahorian) and Isaac Hernandez (with Tina). Looking forward to what they will do this season.
  • Opening with Tarantella and closing with Stars and Stripes were especially fun.

I agree with sf_herminator's thoughts on the Gala. Raymonda with Maria Kochetkova and Joan Boada was especially lovely, with lots of special inner detail. Taras Domitro and Isaac Hernandez were great presences, even their the's and a's are fascinating. Taras seems to partner well with Vanessa, especially in last month's Nutcracker--where they struck a wonderful jumble of very pure 30 and 60 degree extended angles--as K & Q of the Snow. (Their faces ended up plastered with snowflakes, over her smile and he had a white set of extra eyebrows above his regular ones.)

At the Gala Tina LeBlanc somehow reminded me of Kyra Nichols, nuanced in a similar way, and though she was very good in Tschaikovsky Pas de Deux, I wished she had picked something been a bit more autumnal, maybe not Liebeslieder, but something more in that direction. Stars and Stripes looked great on the Company. I always forget how full of invention it is.