16 replies to this topic

#16 bart

bart

Diamonds Circle

• Board Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,320 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 11:39 AM

So Scenes de Ballet can work either way -- with The Lesson, but also with Sylphide.

Oh yes, I can very much imagine a Scenes de Ballet/ Sylphide double bill, as you suggest.

Jane, is there any chance that you might be available for a programming position at the Royal Ballet? :) :dry:

Any thoughts on a Lesson/Isadora double bill? (Haven't seen Isadora since the Royal brought it to NYC long, long ago. I can't actually remember the ballet, just my emotional reactions.)

#17 leonid17

leonid17

Platinum Circle

• Foreign Correspondent
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,413 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 02:31 PM

[quote name='bart' date='Jan 22 2009, 02:39 PM' post='240523']
Any thoughts on a Lesson/Isadora double bill?
{quote]

As I admire The Lesson I would not want it on a double bill with Isadora.

What I would like to see is a filmed Isadora/Isadora double bill to be attended only by those who select and promote the worst of MacMillan's ballets who in turn would be forced to attend that programme for an eternity as punishment for the failure to programme what people will soon be calling MacMillan's lost ballets and Ashton's historical works were once believed to be the aesthetic core of the Royal Ballet.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):