This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Where will Karl Paquette dance on June and July 2009?

Where will Karl Paquette dance on June and July 2009?

I don't know I should go to Australia or Paris.When will the cast announce?

And which date will he onstage?

If you know where will he perform,PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE inform me as soon as possible.

And I hope I can get to know Letestu's schedule also...

That is a difficult one to answer from the official POB site: the casting for the Lifar/Petit/Bejart triple bill at the end of January doesn't list the dancers, just a generic statement that POB will dance. Last Spring when Leigh and I traveled to Europe, if there was more than one cast, each role was listed with all of the dancers but no dates for specific performers. I suspect that answering your question is a matter of newspaper articles/previews, dancer websites, and historical knowledge of parts that were created for him or which he dances regularly.

Does anyone know if Paquette is likely to dance in Proust ou les intermittences du cœur - Roland Petit? Somehow, the Ashton Fille mal gardee doesn't sound likely. Would Letestu be a fit for Lise or the Petit? Has anyone read any articles or seen any interviews in the French media about either dancer that would shed some light on this?

(I wish I could be in Paris then to see "Le Roi Roger".)

Australian Ballet is in Melbourne with Graeme Murphy's "Nutcracker" and a double bill of Serge Lifar's "Suite en blanc" and Stanton Welch's "Divergence", to Bizet's L'Arlesienne suites. Ironically, the "Paris Match" program is halfway around the world from Paris.

Karl Paquette is more likely to be in Australia, as he has danced both Solor and the Golden Idol in the last run of Bayadère (2006). Last time around he wasn't cast in either La fille mal gardée or Proust (scheduled in Paris in late May-early June). Bear in mind though that this might change this year, that he could be cast in both Proust and Bayadère in Australia, etc... It is almost impossible to predict any casting information as of now.

Edit : I forgot Letestu. She doesn't dance either Proust or La fille mal gardée, and is more than unlikely to debut in the latter given her height. Unless injury or something else prevents, she will probably be in Australia. She is one of the company's leading Nikiyas.

Karl Paquette is more likely to be in Australia, as he has danced both Solor and the Golden Idol in the last run of Bayadère (2006). Last time around he wasn't cast in either La fille mal gardée or Proust (scheduled in Paris in late May-early June). Bear in mind though that this might change this year, that he could be cast in both Proust and Bayadère in Australia, etc... It is almost impossible to predict any casting information as of now.

Edit : I forgot Letestu. She doesn't dance either Proust or La fille mal gardée, and is more than unlikely to debut in the latter given her height. Unless injury or something else prevents, she will probably be in Australia. She is one of the company's leading Nikiyas.

If he dance in Australia,will he dance Solor everyday or not?How do I know which date he'll be Solor?Will POB announce it?Which month will it announce?If POB won't announce,and I really want to watch him dance Solor at least once,should I buy 12 tickets (from 24 June to 4 July)?This sounds a little scary...I can't afford.If he dances Solor everyday,it would be easier.

I'm not sure even Nureyev attempted 12 performances of a role like Solor in 10 days, and it is highly unlikely that a major company would shaft the rest of the principal/etoile men by assigning all performances of a major, full-length role to one dancer. Generally, it's in farewell tours or dancer-headline shows that a specific dancer can be expected to be in all performances.

The Australian press may get advance notice, but "advance" in this case is rarely months away, although it is possible the Company will send a press release. Otherwise, interviews and feature articles are published normally closer to the event. Sometimes dancers (or their partners) announce the roles they will perform on their websites or in interviews -- only a few, like Vishneva, with specific dates -- unless they mention they will perform opening night, are thrilled to get a single matinee performance, etc. Even if casting is announced far in advance, illness and injury can cause schedule changes.

I understand your sense of urgency, but I don't think you can count on getting this information very far in advance. If a member of Ballet Talk were to find any published information, I'm sure it will be posted here.

Bolshoilover, there is no way to know which performance(s) he will dance. Most likely it won't be the premiere, because he's not an Etoile. The Paris Opera Ballet has several Solors, and will probably bring something like four or five casts for 12 performances - I know it's frustrating, but there's nothing to do but wait.

I am not sure Karl Paquette has his official site but etoiles such as Jose Martinez and Manuel Legris posts their schedules on their sites before the official anouncement. Manuel Legris is expected to appear in Proust so he won't be in Bayadere but Jose is likely.