This site uses cookies. By using this site, you agree to accept cookies, unless you've opted out. (US government web page with instructions to opt out: http://www.usa.gov/optout-instructions.shtml)

Swan Lake Spoof

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Helene

Helene

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,345 posts

Posted 05 January 2009 - 07:34 PM

It's not exactly what Ivanov had in mind, but it is performed by a two-time world champion and Olympic medallist, and...Gedeminas Taranda.

Fast forward to 2 minutes + 20 seconds for the performance.

#2 bart

bart

Diamonds Circle

• Board Moderator
  • 7,320 posts

Posted 05 January 2009 - 08:53 PM

Helene, it's wonderful and (in places) even quite touching. Something about a heavy-set man in tutu, I suppose.

Is that a price tag hanging from Taranda's headdress?

#3 Helene

Helene

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 11,345 posts

Posted 05 January 2009 - 09:08 PM

I knew he was tall, but I didn't realize he was that tall. Irina Slutskaya is about 5'2" or 5'3", and he towered over her. Of course, he's on skates, too, unlike in ballet, where the woman is on point, but I had no idea.

I thought it was a feather on his headdress. In the second half of the video, Slutskaya and Taranda are in "Kiss and Cry" with coach Alexander Zhulin -- and he towers over Zhulin as well -- waiting for the marks from the judges. (I recognized Anton Sikharulidze, the sublime pairs skater, and coach extraordinaire Tamara Tarasova.) He kept trying to blow it up and away, and at the very end, after over five minutes of comments from the judges, he managed to lodge it in the headdress.

The program got perfect marks across the board :o

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):