This site uses cookies. By using this site, you agree to accept cookies, unless you've opted out. (US government web page with instructions to opt out: http://www.usa.gov/optout-instructions.shtml)

The Romantic Ballet in ParisIvor Guest -- new edition

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 innopac

innopac

Gold Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 786 posts

Posted 02 January 2009 - 05:16 PM

It looks like there is a new edition of Ivor Guest's book: "The Romantic Ballet in Paris". (Dance Books, 2008)

"This definitive study, completely revised and updated, handsomely produced and beautifully illustrated, is based on exhaustive research of the archives of the Paris Opera and printed and pictorial sources of the time."

#2 dirac

dirac

Diamonds Circle

• Board Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,728 posts

Posted 09 February 2009 - 03:23 PM

Thank you for the heads up, innopac. I love Guest's books and it's great that this one is back in print.

#3 bart

bart

Diamonds Circle

• 7,320 posts

Posted 09 February 2009 - 05:47 PM

I also like Guest a lot. It will be interesting to see what "completely revised" entails.

List price at $82 seems steep. I notice that Amazon, in the link innopac has provided, also offers copies for as low as $51 and change, through its independent suppliers.

#4 innopac

innopac

Gold Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 786 posts

Posted 09 February 2009 - 06:21 PM

Depending on the exchange rate it might be cheaper to order it from the UK Amazon.

#5 cubanmiamiboy

cubanmiamiboy

Diamonds Circle

• 5,272 posts

Posted 09 February 2009 - 10:38 PM

gonna get that... :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):