This site uses cookies. By using this site, you agree to accept cookies, unless you've opted out. (US government web page with instructions to opt out: http://www.usa.gov/optout-instructions.shtml)

New Bayadere in DresdenHas anyone seen it?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 sejacko

sejacko

• PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 22 December 2008 - 12:17 AM

On 30th November 2008 the Dresden SemperOper Ballett unveiled their new version of La Bayadere, with choreography by Aaron S. Watkin and Minkus's score arranged by David Coleman. More information, photo gallery and a nice video clip here. It's in just two 2 acts so presumably ending with the Shades scene.

I'm not sure about those temple-dansers stomping around barefoot in the first section of the video-clip, but Coleman's arrangements sound quite attractive (I wonder if it's the venerable Staatskapelle Dresden in the pit?!). Also nice to see Nikya has not given up her vina (Indian lute) lessons. :thumbsup:

Has anyone seen it?

#2 Alexandra

Alexandra

Board Founder

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,271 posts

Posted 22 December 2008 - 09:11 AM

I didn't see it, but Horst Koegler posted a review of it for us on www.danceviewtimes.com:

There's a lot of background information about the company, and some photos.

Dresden Bayadere

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):