This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

This is another soviet old clip from a very simple but captivating, colored-in line drawing cartoon by Lev Atamanov about the impact a ballerina has on the crew of a passenger ship during a voyage. I digged a little and found that the director referenced to the art of the French impressionist Raoul Dufy paired with the score written by Alfred Schnittke-(which I think is beautiful). More digging got me to find that the film was choreographed by two dancers from the Bolshoi Ballet-(couldn't get their names... :( ). This film is 17 min. long and can be watched in its entirety on the Masters Of Russian Animation DVD set - an extraordinary collection of Russia's most important animated short films by Russia's world renowned directors. I hope you'll enjoy it as much as i did...

Wow. :(

If Amazon is selling the DVD you mentioned, I'm getting it.

Unlike that other video you referenced, this appears to be more a true rotoscoping work or the Bolshoi dancers made a film of the movements and the animators based their drawings on the "live" film--the dance movements are just too natural looking for "pure" animation.