This site uses cookies. By using this site, you agree to accept cookies, unless you've opted out. (US government web page with instructions to opt out: http://www.usa.gov/optout-instructions.shtml)

David Hallberg

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#31 mimsyb

mimsyb

Bronze Circle

• PipPipPipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 05:16 AM

The pictures are a little different from a fashion photography perspective in that the models can't usually move like that, so images like this would normally be impossible to get.  I have to say I love the second image (and those must be some seriously stretchy pants!), but I dislike the rather banal orientalism of the third picture.

Love the belted jackets!!!  Almost like "le smoking"!  Fabulous!  Hooray David!

#32 pherank

pherank

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,257 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 10:51 AM

I find it a refreshing idea: to use a dancer as model. I do tire of all the reed thin models in the same standard poses.

Yeah, they should start using ballerinas. Because THEY're not reed thin....

They have lots of muscle tone. And it depends on the body type: a Sara Mearns or Carrie Imler does not look like a stick. Neither for that matter do Aurélie Dupont, Marie-Agnès Gillot or Agnes Letestu.

I'm guessing you're thinking of the Russian predilection for super-thin body types (Zakharova, Lopatkina, perhaps), but they do have muscle, and apparently, stamina. Still, I prefer more meat on the bones.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):