This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

David Hallberg

Gallica

He is a new corps member.He is blonde , strong classical dancer.He did one year at Studio ABT.Before that , he did one year at POB school , last division , like Marcelo Gomes.It's a very good reference and surely helped him to be hired by ABT.He's probably the next soloist.

Mr. Hallberg is turning into ABT's international star it appears. According to his twitter, he was in Italy earlier this month performing at the Balletto dell'Opera di Roma in Sylvia with Polina Semionova. At the moment there are some nice clips on youtube of their performances.

From new corp to international star! Love it!

Me too! Congratulations, Gallica, for spotting the Hallberg promise so early and for calling it to BT's attention.. And congratulations, Rosa, for finding that 2001 post and updating it 9 years later. What a story! :clapping:

Very interesting timing on this post, I've been lately watching all the clips of Hallberg I can find on youtube. His performance of The Dance of the Blessed Spirits in Ukraine just left me speechless.

I couln't agree more with you, little-junkie. It's a real pity there are so few clips of him on YouTube!

Mr. Hallberg is turning into ABT's international star it appears. According to his twitter, he was in Italy earlier this month performing at the Balletto dell'Opera di Roma in Sylvia with Polina Semionova. At the moment there are some nice clips on youtube of their performances.

He's supposed to perform again in Italy (I'm from Rome, so I know). He is scheduled to perform in a Béjart/Balanchine/Robbins mixed bill in may (I suppose he will perform Tchaikovsky pas de deux, or maybe In the Night by Robbins; final casting hasn't been announced yet, as usual here in Italy :D) and in La Bayadère with Polina Semionova in october, at Rome Opera House. And italian audience loves him! :)

I have just stumbled upon an interview of Mr. Hallberg (p30 - p38) from the Arabesque magazine (The periodical Magazine of the Ballet of Tbilisi Opera & Ballet Theatre)

Arabesque Issue 15 of 2010

Thank you, this was lovely! :)

Yes, thank you for posting this. I was at the performance of the company at Jacob's Pillow, and managed to speak with Ms. Ananiashvili and some of the Pillow admins afterwards. It was a very very nice evening, and I was very very happy I could attend and see her perform once again, and with her company.

Many thanks for the link.

The recording of the interview on Ustream lasted about one hour and forty minutes.

The interviewer was Japanese but there was a translator and David Hallberg spoke in English throughout. He discussed his life as dancer from his time in France up until today. He talked about several of his video clips -great use of video/equipment - and also demonstrated some dance steps with some of the participants.

I really enjoyed the interview. It was very interesting and also very amusing.

Many thanks for the link.

The recording of the interview on Ustream lasted about one hour and forty minutes.

The interviewer was Japanese but there was a translator and David Hallberg spoke in English throughout. He discussed his life as dancer from his time in France up until today. He talked about several of his video clips -great use of video/equipment - and also demonstrated some dance steps with some of the participants.

I really enjoyed the interview. It was very interesting and also very amusing.

I just stumbled onto this post. :) I would like to ask if anyone has recorded that interview or if it's still avalaible somewhere in the Net. Thank you!

Hallberg just posted this on Twitter:

David Hallberg@DavidHallberg

Tweeters! After 2 months of a breather Im getting back on the saddle. Slowly/surely. Passing some needed time in NYC. Loving my home turf.

His injury was discussed on another forum here, but he apparently injured his ankle in a Corsaire performance at the Met and cancelled the Asian tour.

My debut with Bolshoi in Sleeping Beauty is being released on DVD, Oct. 22 on Amazon. http://www.amazon.co.uk/Tchaikovsky-Sleeping-Svetlana-Zakharova-Hallberg/dp/B008MMFBES/ref=zg_bsnr_501894_1/275-4515807-9553359

Alas, it appears this will only play in Europe. I hope they release this for U.S. DVD players. Nothing on the U.S. Amazon site today.

My debut with Bolshoi in Sleeping Beauty is being released on DVD, Oct. 22 on Amazon. http://www.amazon.co.uk/Tchaikovsky-Sleeping-Svetlana-Zakharova-Hallberg/dp/B008MMFBES/ref=zg_bsnr_501894_1/275-4515807-9553359

Alas, it appears this will only play in Europe. I hope they release this for U.S. DVD players. Nothing on the U.S. Amazon site today.

I'm confused...this has already been released in the US:

http://www.amazon.com/Sleeping-Beauty-Svetlana-Zakharova/dp/B008MMFBES/ref=sr_1_2?s=movies-tv&ie=UTF8&qid=1362838582&sr=1-2&keywords=hallberg

Surprisingly enough, Swedish Television showed SB with the Bolshoi and David Hallberg. What a guy! Naturally I took it on DVD, but as I am madly busy at the moment I have not seen the entire ballet, just bits and pieces. Planning to save it for when DD comes here for her holiday soon, we will see it together and rejoice. From what little I have seen of it, I can only say one thing: BUY IT, you will not be disappointed!