• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Farrell Fan

Farrell Fan

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,930 posts

Posted 07 December 2008 - 11:07 AM

Casanova was no Don Juan. For one thing, he was real. For another, he really loved women, as an earlier biography stated in its subtitle. Of this one, "Casanova: Actor Lover, Priest, Spy,"by Ian Kelly, Bentley writes, "One feels the force of the sheer energy of this man -- as did perhaps his lovers -- catapulting him through history and onto our doorstep. I, for one, will invite him in."

#2 papeetepatrick

papeetepatrick

Sapphire Circle

• Inactive Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,486 posts

Posted 07 December 2008 - 11:50 AM

The episode with his daughter is well-known, I remember it well from the Memoirs, which I read 10 or 15 years ago. Thanks for pointing this out, Farrell Fan, I wouldn't have seen it. It is full of the usual Bentley-style howlers, even more embarassing than usual (his 'oversize tale' is particularly de rigueur, one supposes, although it comes as little surprise as the faux-ponderous 'I, for one, will invite him in'....who could have ever guessed, eh?--although she could hardly outdo her Movedo Watch ad description with poor Darci). I can suppose only that she has become a sort of cult. Subtlety, move over! fuggedabouteet :sweatingbullets:

#3 dirac

dirac

Diamonds Circle

• Board Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,081 posts

Posted 08 December 2008 - 11:37 AM

Thanks for posting, Farrell Fan. An interesting review.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):