This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Have you seen or heard of Ivan Vasiliev?

Nanarina

:thumbsup::clapping: I have just seen a excerpt on YouTube of this recent new wonder boy (no relation to Vladimir Vasiliev)who has joined the famous Bolshoi theatre from Minsk, Belirus. He is quite spectacular, exciting brilliant with a flourish and technique to be envied by many other male dancers, just on the small clip that shows him in Don "Q" you can envisage what the future holds for him. There is also an article about him on the Internet, do look him up. Certainly one to watch out for. The article is on Ballet Co., and has a Daily Telegraph Interview with Ismene Brown on 9/8/08 when the Bolshoi were in London.
i believe any number of discussions have by now address I. V.'s career and talent(s).

isn't he originally from Belarus? are you saying he's now gone to Perm? or that he was once in that co.?

I am more than surprised that Ivan Vasiliev could have considered going to Perm when he had already achieved such a success with the Bolshoi making his debut in the role of Spartacus in July this year. He studied ballet in Minsk the capital of Belarus as you state, where his pedagogue was Alexander Kolyadenko. He had earlier learnt folk-dancing in Dnepropetrovsk in the Ukraine. I saw him last year in London where he had a success executing tricky elevated aerial turns and pirouettes, typical of those perfomed by his coach Yuri Vladimirov. In the recent Bolshoi Gala celebrating Vladimir Vasiliev and Yekaterina Maximova's 50th anniversary with the company Ivan reprised three solos associated with Vladimir's former roles. In July this year he appeared with "Svetlana Zakharova and friends" at the Teatro Regio in Parma.

Amended

i believe any number of discussions have by now address I. V.'s career and talent(s).
That's right. A quick Search reveals that the references to Ivan Vasiliev tend to be brief and are scattered across a variety of forums: Bolshoi, Galas, Competitions, Ballets (Spartacus), and even American Ballet Theater.

If anyone would like the chance to focus more deeply on Mr. Vasiliev, this might be a good thread in which to to do so.

:o:clapping: I have just seen a excerpt on YouTube of this recent new wonder boy (no relation to Vladimir Vasiliev)who has joined the famous Bolshoi theatre from Minsk, Belirus. He is quite spectacular, exciting brilliant with a flourish and technique to be envied by many other male dancers, just on the small clip that shows him in Don "Q" you can envisage what the future holds for him. There is also an article about him on the Internet, do look him up. Certainly one to watch out for. The article is on Ballet Co., and has a Daily Telegraph Interview with Ismene Brown on 9/8/08 when the Bolshoi were in London.

Nanarina: Sorry I misread the original article, but you will note I have amended my posting. :) Sorry for the mis-info.

A clip of his debut as Abderakhman in Raymonda yesterday has now appeared on youtube, you can see it

. :D Anna Nikulina is Raymonda.

What a treat.

Sinister, panther like, extraordinary physicality and dramatic as well. Tremendous.

Almost effaces the memory of Gediminas Taranda in the same role.