Ballet Moves and EmotionsWhat emotions are associated with different ballet moves?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 curiousballet

curiousballet

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 November 2008 - 07:25 AM

Hi.
This is my second post on this board and thank you for your replies.
I was wondering, specifically what poses or moves generate what emotional responses for the dancer and why? (use of a muscle group, general body position etc?)

#2 Hans

Hans

Sapphire Circle

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,104 posts

Posted 03 November 2008 - 10:20 AM

In my own dancing, I have not had an emotional response to a particular step, although I do enjoy grand allegro for the feeling of flying. Often one encounters steps in some roles that are used in others, and one must bring the appropriate emotion to the step rather than the other way round. I am curious to hear what experiences other dancers have had.

#3 Gina Ness

Gina Ness

Bronze Circle

• PipPipPipPip
  • 255 posts

Posted 05 January 2009 - 11:32 PM

I believe that music plays a large role in what emotions a dancer might feel and express when executing a step or combination of steps. I always felt that my own dancing should represent/interpret the music (as I feel it) in addition to what the choreographer was envisioning. Dancing to the music was what initially attracted me to ballet in the first place, even as a young child.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):