This site uses cookies. By using this site, you agree to accept cookies, unless you've opted out. (US government web page with instructions to opt out: http://www.usa.gov/optout-instructions.shtml)

Swan LakeOBT just finished their triumphant run of Swan Lake

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 BigToe

BigToe

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 19 October 2008 - 02:05 AM

Hi,

OBT just finished their triumphant run of Swan Lake. Did anyone see it? Did anyone see Kathi Martuza as Odette/Odile ? Did anyone see more than one swan ? The last one is a trick question.

I have enjoyed watching Kathi in every role/dance I have see her in and Friday night was no exception. She is so physically strong, technically skilled, and she has those piercing blue eyes. Swoon....

Big Toe

#2 printscess

printscess

Bronze Circle

• PipPipPipPip
  • 296 posts

Posted 21 October 2008 - 06:45 AM

Hi,

OBT just finished their triumphant run of Swan Lake. Did anyone see it? Did anyone see Kathi Martuza as Odette/Odile ? Did anyone see more than one swan ? The last one is a trick question.

I have enjoyed watching Kathi in every role/dance I have see her in and Friday night was no exception. She is so physically strong, technically skilled, and she has those piercing blue eyes. Swoon....

Big Toe

I just came back from Portland and seeing OBT's Swan Lake. (the 3 day trips to the west coast are a killer, but that is another story) I was at the Sat. matinee. Yuka Iino was magnificent as Odette/ Odile. The costumes and scenery took my breath away. The waltzes in Act 1 were wonderful and the divertissements were particularly well done in Act 3. I truly enjoyed the Czadas, the Spanish and the Neopolitan dances.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases. (If it doesn't appear below, your computer's or browser's adblockers may have blocked display):