This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Colorado Ballet: Swan Lake

I don't feel capable of writing a review of the Colorado Ballet's production of Swan Lake, and I would basically repeat the reviewers in the Rocky Mountain News and The Denver Post (Oct. 13 thread in the Links forums) anyway. My only quibble with the reviews is that they didn't give adequate props to the corps. The corps was very impressive tonight (Oct. 17). Overall, I feel that this was the most complete performance by the Colorado Ballet that I've seen so far. Every part was danced well.

My only quibble with the reviews is that they didn't give adequate props to the corps. The corps was very impressive tonight (Oct. 19). Overall, I feel that this was the most complete performance by the Colorado Ballet that I've seen so far. Every part was danced well.

Those are important observations from a long-time company watcher. It's great to hear about how a company looks over time and after regime change.

My only quibble with the reviews is that they didn't give adequate props to the corps. The corps was very impressive tonight (Oct. 19). Overall, I feel that this was the most complete performance by the Colorado Ballet that I've seen so far. Every part was danced well.

Those are important observations from a long-time company watcher. It's great to hear about how a company looks over time and after regime change.

While I felt that the corps danced especially well in Swan Lake, I wouldn't say that they have become consistently better in the Gil Boggs era than they were in the Martin Fredman era.

With all my opinions it is necessary to take into account my limited knowledge of any of the performing arts. For example, I wrote to my friend in the Colorado Chamber Orchestra about how much I enjoyed their performance of Bartok's Music for Strings, Percussion, and Celeste and her response was that "it felt really rough" to her.