3 replies to this topic

#1 Alexandra

Alexandra

Board Founder

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,248 posts

Posted 12 November 1998 - 10:15 PM

Several people have mentioned they'd like to see more Tudor revived. Now, I've always wanted to adore Tudor -- I love reading about him, but except for Lilac Garden (which I can imagine how it should look) I don't feel I've ever seen a ballet of his really live on stage -- so I'm not the best person to draw up a list of Tudor Revivables. However, I'd be at the head of the queue to see them!

What should be revived? Feel free to nominate the proper company or dancers. "The best ballet takes place in the mind" has long been the DanceView (Ballet Alert's older sister) motto.

#2 Steve Keeley

Steve Keeley

• PipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 14 November 1998 - 03:23 AM

People always talk about Tudor's "Lilac Garden," but that one left me cold. The Tudor ballet that I liked best (although I haven't seen many) was "Leaves are Fading." Watching this ballet was a special, magical experience; it took me completely out of the time and place I was in, and into it's own plane of existence where time has a different meaning.

#3 Guest_Nan Keating_*

Guest_Nan Keating_*
  • Unregistered / Not Logged In

Posted 30 November 1998 - 12:35 AM

Tudor's Gala Performance is wonderful if properly done with three great ballerinas. Takes quite a company to pull it off.

#4 Mel Johnson

Mel Johnson

Diamonds Circle

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,311 posts

Posted 30 November 1998 - 03:27 AM

Some people say it's Proustian; I don't care if it's Faustian or Jacobean or Armenian: I love "Dim Lustre".

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):