This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Tudor ballets

Several people have mentioned they'd like to see more Tudor revived. Now, I've always wanted to adore Tudor -- I love reading about him, but except for Lilac Garden (which I can imagine how it should look) I don't feel I've ever seen a ballet of his really live on stage -- so I'm not the best person to draw up a list of Tudor Revivables. However, I'd be at the head of the queue to see them!

What should be revived? Feel free to nominate the proper company or dancers. "The best ballet takes place in the mind" has long been the DanceView (Ballet Alert's older sister) motto.

People always talk about Tudor's "Lilac Garden," but that one left me cold. The Tudor ballet that I liked best (although I haven't seen many) was "Leaves are Fading." Watching this ballet was a special, magical experience; it took me completely out of the time and place I was in, and into it's own plane of existence where time has a different meaning.