This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Jordan Elizabeth Long

cubanmiamiboy

Miss Long is another emerging star from the Cuban Classical Ballet of Miami, being formed under the wings of Miss Magaly Suarez, her teacher and Director of The Art of Classical Ballet School in Pompano Beach. I really think she deserves her little space on this Forum, and it's a pleasure to me to open it for her. I've seen Miss Long in various performances, ever since she was a teen, and most recently her Nikiya and now her Diane. Congrats, Jordan, and keep the hard work going! :angel_not:

Here's a pic of her as Diane.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/26624336@N06/2868275432/

...and my little review of her last performance.

http://ballettalk.invisionzone.com/index.p...mp;#entry233801

You mention that her Nikiya was a bit shy. However, here in Virginia, Miss Long was known for dancing those delicate roles such as Sleeping Beauty and Nutcracker, and I once saw her do a very funny Swanilda. I would liked to have seen her dance Diana, especially because she has a very lovely arabesque.

Jordan Elizabeth Long will be dancing this Sunday in Miami in the Cuban Classical Ballet's Nutcracker. She will dance as Dew Drop for the afternoon performance and as Sugar Plum for the evening performance.

I know. Will be there to see both performances.

Wait a minute...Dew Drop or Snow Queen...? :thumbsup:

Edited to add: It was indeed Dew Drop

Welcome to BalletTalk, Lilac Fairy!

Thank you for your impressions. I hate to be greedy (not really :wink: ), but I wish she'd opted to stay in the US. It sounds like she can look forward to a brilliant career, and it would have been nice to follow her growth at close range.

Welcome to BalletTalk, Lilac Fairy!

Thank you for your impressions. I hate to be greedy (not really :clapping: ), but I wish she'd opted to stay in the US. It sounds like she can look forward to a brilliant career, and it would have been nice to follow her growth at close range.

I also wish Miss Long the best luck in Amsterdam. I spoke to her after her last appearance with the CCBM, and she gave me the news, but because it was not "official", i didn't mention it here. I certainly will miss her a lot. Her last performance in Miami was as Satanella, and she was very lovely, as usual. I found myself following her appearances with more excitement than any other dancer here, even at MCB, and this is, for sure, a big loss of the cuban company. Oh, and by the way, she is "petite" in the sense that she is very fragile looking, but as per height, she towers me-(in her heels), and i'm 5.10" .

Buena suerte, Jordan!!! :thumbsup: