• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#16 Jane Simpson

Jane Simpson

Gold Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 937 posts

Posted 01 May 2009 - 09:15 AM

Cojocaru has now dropped out of all her planned appearances in Les Sylphides (Yohui Choe will dance them, partnered by Johan Kobborg) and also out of her Ondines (replaced by Roberta Marquez). No reason known so far...

#17 Kyeong

Kyeong

• PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 09:42 AM

On April 22, Alina Cojocaru returned to the public audience stage after many months away from performing, to assume the role of “Giselle.”
Partnered lovingly by Johann Kobborg, this extraordinary partnership expressed a rare refinement of style achieving a miracle of Romanticism in which every dramatic and choreographic moment was shaped by the correct emploi...it was one of those occasions when an audience suddenly realised they are watching something sensational.

It happened again last Saturday (for record purpose, Feb 5, 2011). I don't think I can dare to report about it, and can just say I've learned when to use the word, 'sublime'. Hope someone leave a report here about this performance - I wish BT also has a record of this great performance.

#18 innopac

innopac

Gold Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 783 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 01:13 PM

[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][size=3]Alina just can't say no[/size][/font]
[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][size=3]by Valerie Lawson [/size][/font]
[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][size=3]Financial Review, 18 August 2012[/size][/font]

[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][size=3]http://www.afr.com/p...lOxJ2nQkwevwyOP[/size][/font]

[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][size=3]"[/size][/font]A ballerina at the peak of her career is blessed with many rewards, but there is one thing she can't conjure up at will – a choreographer who wants to make ballets especially for her.
This was the missing link in the career of Alina Cojocaru, one of the world's most acclaimed ballerinas. But then she discovered John Neumeier, the artistic director and choreographer of the Hamburg Ballet. Two years ago, Cojocaru became his muse."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):