This site uses cookies. By using this site, you agree to accept cookies, unless you've opted out. (US government web page with instructions to opt out: http://www.usa.gov/optout-instructions.shtml)

New York Theatre Ballet"Dance on a Shoestring"

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 carbro

carbro

Late Board Registrar

• Rest in Peace
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,361 posts

Posted 15 September 2008 - 01:13 PM

From the company's website:

[size=4]Dance on a Shoestring[/size]
2008-2009 SCHEDULE:
September 19 & 20 | 7pm | READ MORE
November 14 & 15 | 7pm
January 30 & 31 | 7pm
March 27 & 28 | 7pm

TICKETS:
Only $10! Tickets may be purchased online (see below) or by calling the NYTB office: 212-679-0401. A paid reservation guarantees a seat. There are no refunds.

VENUE:
New York Theatre Ballet
The Dance Gallery
30 East 31st Street, 5th Floor
Click here for directions.

Dance on a Shoestring performances have been given in NYTB's in-house performance space, The Dance Gallery, for many years. They enable established and developing artists to try out new ideas and roles. They offer a way for the dancers to regularly perform and learn from small classic masterworks that reflect the Company's Cecchetti aesthetic. The performances are offered in a venue where community groups can come with little fanfare and minimal cost to see high quality ballet offered by "their" neighborhood company

(more here: http://www.nytb.org/...mmunity-series/ )

Friday night's performance (9/19) is sold out, but as of this posting, reservations are still available for Saturday, 9/20. All seats only $10. each.

#2 sandik

sandik

Rubies Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,646 posts

Posted 15 September 2008 - 09:05 PM

If someone goes to this, please post your observations -- they're doing a very rare deMille work (Dust, from her American Suite) and I'm sure I'm not the only reader here who is quite curious about it.

#3 bart

bart

Diamonds Circle

• Board Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,320 posts

Posted 16 September 2008 - 03:39 AM

Thanks, carbro, for this and your other thread on NYTB.

The video on the website shows snips of what appear to be stunning costuming and stage design. Vivid color and clever simplicity seem to be a constant. But it's hard to tell much about the dancing. I'd definitely want to see them if I lived in New York -- or in an area to which they tour.

I'm with sandik: those of you able to see these productions, please tell us what you think!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):