Bolshoi Ballet in London, August 2008

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 paunchette

paunchette

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 August 2008 - 09:57 PM

Hi: I am a new member, a classical ballet fan who misses great ballet here in Israel. I saw from a Daily Telegraph article that the Bolshoi is in London until August l8th, appearing at the ROH. When I checked that site, I could not find the schedule, nor ws I able to find it by googling Bolshoi, London 2008. Can anyone help me? I will be leaving for London on August 11th. I may be reached at: normas@013.net. Thank you.

#2 carbro

carbro

Late Board Registrar

• Rest in Peace
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,361 posts

Posted 07 August 2008 - 11:55 PM

Hi, paunchette, and welcome to BalletTalk!

dirac posted this item in July 23's Links: http://ballettalk.in...p...st&p=230975 , which says no Bolshoi in London, but an visit (which has by now run its course) of the Mikhailovsky (formerly Maly) ballet. Sorry. :rofl: By now, it seems, the season has run its course.

Maybe our London members have caught a performance or two and would like to post (hint, hint).

#3 Andrew73

Andrew73

• PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 08 August 2008 - 12:43 AM

no Bolshoi in London, but an visit ....of the Mikhailovsky (formerly Maly) ballet. ... Maybe our London members have caught a performance or two and would like to post (hint, hint).

Double tragedy, I'm afraid.

The telegraph notice about the Bolshoi 'until August 18' was from 2007. :ermm:
I think they have just finished in Amsterdam, and may be in Berlin.

And I couldn't get a ticket for Mikhailovsky's Giselle :rofl:

#4 paunchette

paunchette

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 August 2008 - 03:49 AM

Hi, paunchette, and welcome to BalletTalk!

dirac posted this item in July 23's Links: http://ballettalk.in...p...st&p=230975 , which says no Bolshoi in London, but an visit (which has by now run its course) of the Mikhailovsky (formerly Maly) ballet. Sorry. :rofl: By now, it seems, the season has run its course.

Maybe our London members have caught a performance or two and would like to post (hint, hint).

Thanks to both of the people who replied to my query. I guess I was so anxious to see them that I didn't pay any attention to the date of the article.
too bad about your missing Giselle, the only "story" ballet that I like -- indeed my favorite ballet beside almost anything of Balanchine's, especially when he was still alive and running the NYC Ballet.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):