This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Suzanne Farrell Ballet in this year's Fall for Dance

I just saw the list for this year's Fall for Dance on their web site[ New York City Center] . The Suzanne Farrell Ballet will be performing on Sept. 25th. I am not sure what they are performing but who cares -they are in NYC !!! Perhaps Farrell Fan had something to do with it. In any case, it will be a night to enjoy.

I've never seen or heard of it. Can you tell us anything more about it, such as the music. Is it a pas de deux?

No. You can read Alastair Macauley's NY Times review and find a photo here.

Farrell Fan, I'm so glad you'll get to see this!

I've never seen or heard of it. Can you tell us anything more about it, such as the music. Is it a pas de deux?

No. You can read Alastair Macauley's NY Times review and find a photo here.

Farrell Fan, I'm so glad you'll get to see this!

I like this passage in that Macauley review:

"None of the Farrell company’s dancers look world-class in terms of physical perfection or technical glory, but all show virtues of absorption and inflection that you often wish more ideally gifted dancers showed."

For the Kirov's recent City Center engagement, the physical box opened one hour after internet tickets went on sale. Strange, huh?

For F4D, I ordered on the internet and was happy -- okay, satisfied -- with most of my seat assignments. The big problem was timing out with larger orders, so I recommend to anyone who finds themselves ordering by internet to set your priorities and order for one or two dates at a time.