This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

The Feijoo sisters visit "Sesame Street".

I just got my last copy of "Pointe", and found a brief article, "Street Dreams", by Jocelyn Anderson, which tells us about the upcoming appearance of Cubans Lorna and Lorena Feijoo-(Boston/SFB Principals)-in an episode of "Sesame Street" to be aired on its next new season, which starts on August 11 on PBS-(check local listings). The article is nice, but there's some fantasy elements on it...(where in earth was Sesame Street EVER aired in Cuba. Even more...where are their supposed recollections of Celia Cruz IN THE SHOW coming from?!...Ms. Anderson.. Cruz was, and still is, a forbidden topic in Cuba! :icon8: )

I just got my last copy of "Pointe", and found a brief article, "Street Dreams", by Jocelyn Anderson, which tells us about the upcoming appearance of Cubans Lorna and Lorena Feijoo-(Boston/SFB Principals)-in an episode of "Sesame Street" to be aired on its next new season, which starts on August 11 on PBS-(check local listings). The article is nice, but there's some fantasy elements on it...(where in earth was Sesame Street EVER aired in Cuba. Even more...where are their supposed recollections of Celia Cruz IN THE SHOW coming from?!...Ms. Anderson.. Cruz was, and still is, a forbidden topic in Cuba! :icon8: )

I'll be happy to see the Feijoo sisters on Sesame Street (being a PBS person from Massachusetts, and attendee at BB too). I remember Nureyev & Miss Piggy's duet on The Muppet Show. And I think other dancers have been on Sesame Street in the past: Jacques D'Amboise? Villella? I forget. I didn't get to see Angel Corella on SSt. until that clip showed up on YouTube.

I'm also old enough to remember reading a notice of the show's first broadcasts on US television, but I was living in Japan so couldn't watch it, and by the time I returned to the States, I was too old for such childish things. (I don't think they had dancers on the shows, until I was actually working in PBS).

I'll be happy to see the Feijoo sisters on Sesame Street (being a PBS person from Massachusetts, and attendee at BB too). I remember Nureyev & Miss Piggy's duet on The Muppet Show. And I think other dancers have been on Sesame Street in the past: Jacques D'Amboise? Villella? I forget. I didn't get to see Angel Corella on SSt. until that clip showed up on YouTube.
Suzanne Farrell. You can find three of her Sesame Street clips on the world-famous YouTube. Click -->here<-- for all three clips.

Sesame Street came along too late for my childhood, but even without children around, I've tripped over an episode or two in my time. :icon8:

Suzanne Farrell. You can find three of her Sesame Street clips on the world-famous YouTube. Click -->here<-- for all three clips.

Sesame Street came along too late for my childhood, but even without children around, I've tripped over an episode or two in my time. :)

Thanks carbro. I was wondering why I couldn't remember the female dancers who appeared. Of course SF would have been invited to appear.

The most SSts I got to see was when I had to edit entire seasons of shows to fit into pledge breaks. I finally learned to distinguish between Bert & Ernie, and Grover & Oscar the Grouch (the one that lived in a trashcan?). Luckily Big Bird wasn't too hard to figure out. I never did learn any of the human residents' names. But anyways, hooray for CTW etc. for putting ballet on the show.