Morphoses/The Wheeldon Co 2008 City Center Seasonrep and casting posted, tickets on sale

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#16 eabock

eabock

• PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 12 October 2008 - 08:25 AM

Opening night, October 1, 2008.

I liked Mr. Wheeldon's [i]Commedia[. . . . It was especially pleasing to see Mr. Wheeldon choreographing so lightly: fun! Then came the already critically-admired PdD for Ms. Benjamin and Mr. Watson. . . . this was really a love PdD, in its happy Springtime, when they are still finding new ways to touch, yet know each other well enough to act confidently. Fairly early on they dance together with their only contact being lips-to-lips. I wonder, was Ashton included to tell us that Mr. Wheeldon had found the Ashton humanity?

Ashton was not included in the October 3 bill, but that evening's performance of Commedia was fun for this Ashtonian, and I thank drb for confirming my feelings in his admirable review.

However, I thought the set and costumes added a lot to the fun. Made me expect wit and joy -- the way Osbert Lancaster's set and costumes added to the fun of that now lost and politically unacceptable Ashton classic, Bonne Bouche

#17 eabock

eabock

• PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 12 October 2008 - 09:35 AM

the way Osbert Lancaster's set and costumes added to the fun
of that now lost and politically unacceptable Ashton classic, Bonne Bouche

Oooops! Correction. Bonne Bouche was a Cranko
ballet, not an Ashton creation.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):