This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

I thought one thing Cojocaru needs to improve on are her "Wili turns." When Giselle is first initiated as a Wili I always watch the turns. I like Giselles to turn like demons. To see how it's done, watch Natalia Makarova.

or, more recently Diana Vishneva. The DVD is good, but I saw a live performance and she was literally a 'bat-out-of-hell'.

I thought one thing Cojocaru needs to improve on are her "Wili turns." When Giselle is first initiated as a Wili I always watch the turns. I like Giselles to turn like demons. To see how it's done, watch Natalia Makarova.

or, more recently Diana Vishneva. The DVD is good, but I saw a live performance and she was literally a 'bat-out-of-hell'.

Why do i think that she was not LITERALLY a "bat-out-of-hell"? :thumbsup:

-goro-

I'm just playing b/c this is a bit of a pet-peeve of mine, using the word "literally" to either (a) provide emphasis or (b) to mean "figuratively". :)

The thing I love most about this Giselle, and I miss in almost every performance I've seen is the connection between Cojocaru and Kobborg. It makes their act 2 pas very human and warm. The thing that always gets me is when and how she makes eye contact with him, and how that's so seamlessly integrated into the choreography. By comparison, every other Giselle I've seen seems cold in comparison.

--Andre

THere are two very nice BBC documentaries that you might want to seek out. One is on Kobborg and Cojocaru and their relationship. It's a very nice piece. THe other is on Giselle and interviews Cojocaru. The second one might not be a full-length documentary but BBC bits clipped onto the broadcast of the performance. I forget. But you might find these enjoyable from what you poasted.

-goro-