This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Jaione Zabala

Mimi

Hi all,

Dutch National sent out a newsletter last week with the names of dancers that will not return to the company after the summer, and among them is my current favourite, Jaione Zabala! :shake:

Does anyone know what she's up to?

Whether she's transferring to another company (and if so of course: which company?), or changing careers? :(

No, i'm sorry I also don't know where she's going to.

A few days before it was placed on the site that she was going to leave the company, I sawed her performing in a piece made by a dancer from the DNB (Ainara Garcia Navarro) and at the and Jaione Get flowers from her and she was crying. I realized that she was going to leave the company. I am very sad about that, she's was such a special dancer. I loved her the most as Emma (Yes, that's my name too :FIREdevil: ) in Coppelia by Ted Brandsen.

An other lovely dancer Artem Yachmennikov (he have been for two years with the company) is also leaving, too very sad about him.

x Emma

The magazine of the 'friends' organisation arrived last week, and it says she is joining Staatstheater Nürnberg ('Nuremberg State Theatre' in English) in Germany!

Mystery solved then. :off topic:

I've just seen this topic and can tell those still interested about this dancer career that she is indeed dancing with the Nürnberg Ballet, managed by Spanish choreographer Goyo Montero who premiered end of last month Romeo and Julia. Jaione was Juliet's mother and appears in at least one of the images in the photo gallery:

Website of the Staatstheater Nürnberg / Romeo und Julia