This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

I wonder if the La Scala Raymonda was filmed by the same person who filmed La Scala's recent Aida and Tristan und Isolde (both on dvd). That was Patrizia Carmine. She would show shots of a light while Waltraud Meier is singing a pivotal moment in Tristan und Isolde. Why did she think we want to sit there and watch a lamp while Meier is singing???? Another time I think she focuses on Meier's costume instead of the face. In Aida she kept focusing on all sorts of inanimate objects. Really shocking choices during filming or editing, in my opinion. It made me so mad in both situations.

So I wonder if she filmed the La Scala Raymonda. Maybe it is some sort of bizarre trend to take away focus on the exact thing people want to focus on in Italy. I have no idea, but it is a big flop to do things like that!!!

....I believe there is a DVD of the Paris Opera Ballet (Mezzo) with Marie Agnes Gilot., which is a Nureyev re-staging, ....t there are some clips on YouTube. I think it was released in the last few years, whereas the others are much older. ....

This has never been released commercially although many folks have copies from French friends who DVR'ed it the couple of times that it aired on French TV. Dorothee Gilbert writes about this on her website:

http://www.dorothee-gilbert.com/2010/02/raymonda-on-mezzo.html