This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

I'm planning to see this as it was filmed in Marrakech where I holidayed in January, only SATC had better weather than me so I'd like to see the place in the sunshine. I read that the film is set in Abu Dhabi though, so don't get the logic of filming it in Morocco instead. Interested to see if their experiences there match up to mine in that crazy place.

Tell us what you think when you see it, Mashinka. I'll probably go this weekend or the next.

You could slice and dice a few years I guess, but she was hardly 'middle aged' at the time, at least by our more flexible contemporary standards. :flowers:

Any other reports?

I don't really know the show or either of the films, but for what it's worth, "age" in pregnancy is skewed fairly young in the medical world. When I was born in 1956, my mother was considered quite old to be having a first child (at 30) -- when I had my son at age 37 I was categorized as an "elderly mother."

sandi--I thought of my mother, who had me at 40, because she was older than the other kids' parents (so was my father, same age), until I was in high school and didn't see it as so strange anymore. A few years ago, I found out my 'half-uncle' and 'half-aunt' were born when my grandmother (my mother's stepmother) was 44 and 46 years old, respectively. I didn't know that was possible except in those 60 Minutes reports about new developments, but that's definitely pretty old to be bearing children, and my 'half-aunt' turned out especially well, so anything can happen with those things.

You could slice and dice a few years I guess, but she was hardly 'middle aged' at the time, at least by our more flexible contemporary standards. :flowers:

Any other reports?

I don't really know the show or either of the films, but for what it's worth, "age" in pregnancy is skewed fairly young in the medical world. When I was born in 1956, my mother was considered quite old to be having a first child (at 30) -- when I had my son at age 37 I was categorized as an "elderly mother."

Interesting, sandik. Medical terminology is a different thing entirely, although certainly in 1956 thirty in a woman was older in a cultural sense than it is now.

Thanks for the heads up, abatt. Dargis is not my favorite critic but it will be interesting to see what she has to say.

When I was born in 1956, my mother was considered quite old to be having a first child (at 30) -- when I had my son at age 37 I was categorized as an "elderly mother."

Well, sandik...when my mother had me she was written down on her medical records as a "primi-gesta añosa"-("elderly primigravida")-which did upset her quite a bit. She was 27 years old! :P