This site uses cookies. By using this site, you agree to accept cookies, unless you've opted out. (US government web page with instructions to opt out: http://www.usa.gov/optout-instructions.shtml)

Ellen Everett

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Mme. Hermine

Mme. Hermine

Emeralds Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,991 posts

Posted 31 May 2008 - 01:44 AM

#2 vipa

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,302 posts

Posted 31 May 2008 - 08:50 AM

I'm very sorry to hear about this. I'm glad that she built such a fulfilling life for herself. The last time I saw her was after she had her first child. She was such a nice and "normal" person. I remember congratulating her upon her promotion to principal dancer - she was truly shocked that Lucia Chase had promoted her.

#3 balletgirl22sk

• PipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 31 May 2008 - 06:01 PM

Ellen used to take my open class at Boston Ballet. She was a lovely lady- didn't know for a long time that she was Ellen Everett. I used to see her dance with ABT in the 70's and didn't realize it was her until she finally told me!

#4 kathy with a k

kathy with a k

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 June 2008 - 03:48 AM

Oh my goodness. How sad. Ellen was one of my earliest ballet teachers. In the 70's I attended the Suffolk Adademy of Dance (long island). She, William Glassman and Diana Algase were the instructors there. Thanks for sharing the info. Without reference to "Everett" I wouldn't have known it was her.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases. (If it doesn't appear below, your computer's or browser's adblockers may have blocked display):