This site uses cookies. By using this site, you agree to accept cookies, unless you've opted out. (US government web page with instructions to opt out: http://www.usa.gov/optout-instructions.shtml)

Tanny and BenvolioFor IG Lovers

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 glebb

glebb

Gold Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts

Posted 29 May 2008 - 07:45 AM

I've added pix of Tanny's new brother Benvolio to the montage.

http://www.onetrueme...medium=text_url

#2 Paul Parish

Paul Parish

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,929 posts

Posted 29 May 2008 - 03:19 PM

What a beautiful dog --
has both modesty and star quality, a fabulous combination, and beautiful legs to go with them; in fact, that picture of him(?) in hte hamper with the front legs stretched forward and crossed delicately at he ankles made tears start to my eyes.

and what a fantastic wardrobe mistress.

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;; edited to say
Ok, now I get it; Tanny is hte brown greyhound, and benvolio is hte white pup. Sorry ,i got so excited i popped off be fore hte montage was complete. Indeed, Tanny is extremely well named; there are moments in which the dog seems to be channeling the ballerina, and of course, they have the same witty nose.
Ben seems very sweet, also well-named.

#3 glebb

glebb

Gold Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts

Posted 29 May 2008 - 04:35 PM

Dog? LOL - just kidding. Thanks Paul.
True story, a friend of mine was at State Theatre with his partner looking at the gorgeous photos in the lobby.
The partner turned to my friend and said: "That ballerina looks like Glebb's dog!"

#4 Paul Parish

Paul Parish

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,929 posts

Posted 29 May 2008 - 11:53 PM

What have you done? I am in love with your dog - or maybe I just want to come and live at your house. I had to go back and look at Tanny a 3rd time -- she has SUCH beautiful eyes.
And I totally believe the story about your friend. She does LOOK LIKE TANNY.

#5 glebb

glebb

Gold Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts

Posted 24 July 2008 - 12:03 PM

Updated the montage with more Tanny, Benvolio and Me.

#6 bart

bart

Diamonds Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,320 posts

Posted 24 July 2008 - 01:02 PM

Glebb, it was extremely thoughtful of you to provide a barre for Tanny. I love the way she performs tendu and wide second, not to mention that truly grand reverence. Elegant jumps by Benvolio, too. I wonder whether having 4 legs is an advantage (more to show, more to do) or a disadvantage (arabesques become more complicated).

#7 Alina

Alina

• PipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 25 July 2008 - 04:36 AM

Great pictures, Glebb!! I loved your dogs plus the dancing ones of you. I am a real dog lover too. My girl's name is Audrey after Audrey Hepburn.

#8 glebb

glebb

Gold Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts

Posted 25 July 2008 - 06:18 AM

Thanks Alina.
I know of an Italian Greyhound named Audrey Hepurn.
Is that your girl? Do you visit I.P.?

#9 Alina

Alina

• PipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 25 July 2008 - 10:11 AM

No, my Audrey is a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel. But I have to say after seeing your beautiful dogs my next dog just might have to be an Italian Greyhound!

#10 cubanmiamiboy

cubanmiamiboy

Diamonds Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,397 posts

Posted 11 December 2011 - 11:14 PM

Just bumping this thread dedicated to the late Mark's Tanny and Benvolio. The montage that he posted in post # 1 is just beautiful. RIP Mr. Goldweber.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases. (If it doesn't appear below, your computer's or browser's adblockers may have blocked display):