glebb

Tanny and Benvolio

10 posts in this topic

What a beautiful dog --

has both modesty and star quality, a fabulous combination, and beautiful legs to go with them; in fact, that picture of him(?) in hte hamper with the front legs stretched forward and crossed delicately at he ankles made tears start to my eyes.

and what a fantastic wardrobe mistress.

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;; edited to say

Ok, now I get it; Tanny is hte brown greyhound, and benvolio is hte white pup. Sorry ,i got so excited i popped off be fore hte montage was complete. Indeed, Tanny is extremely well named; there are moments in which the dog seems to be channeling the ballerina, and of course, they have the same witty nose.

Ben seems very sweet, also well-named.

Dog? LOL - just kidding. Thanks Paul.

True story, a friend of mine was at State Theatre with his partner looking at the gorgeous photos in the lobby.

The partner turned to my friend and said: "That ballerina looks like Glebb's dog!"

What have you done? I am in love with your dog - or maybe I just want to come and live at your house. I had to go back and look at Tanny a 3rd time -- she has SUCH beautiful eyes.

And I totally believe the story about your friend. She does LOOK LIKE TANNY.

Updated the montage with more Tanny, Benvolio and Me.

Glebb, it was extremely thoughtful of you to provide a barre for Tanny. I love the way she performs tendu and wide second, not to mention that truly grand reverence. Elegant jumps by Benvolio, too. I wonder whether having 4 legs is an advantage (more to show, more to do) or a disadvantage (arabesques become more complicated).

Great pictures, Glebb!! I loved your dogs plus the dancing ones of you. I am a real dog lover too. My girl's name is Audrey after Audrey Hepburn.

Thanks Alina.

I know of an Italian Greyhound named Audrey Hepurn.

Is that your girl? Do you visit I.P.?

No, my Audrey is a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel. But I have to say after seeing your beautiful dogs my next dog just might have to be an Italian Greyhound!

Just bumping this thread dedicated to the late Mark's Tanny and Benvolio. The montage that he posted in post # 1 is just beautiful. RIP Mr. Goldweber.