This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

LIANE DAYDE

two photocards of Liane Daydé (b. 1932), about whom i know little more than the facts that she began her career in Paris Opera Ballet, being named Etoile in 1951; subsequently she danced for de Cuevas's company, notably in the troupe's production of LA BELLE AU BOIS DORMANT, presumably as Aurora, before founding her own group, Le Grand Ballet classique de France.

I have no idea what role she's costumed for in the Foyer de la danse photo; the other is evidently Giselle from GISELLE II.

post-848-1211731928_thumb.jpg

two photocards of Liane Daydé (b. 1932), about whom i know little more than the facts that she began her career in Paris Opera Ballet, being named Etoile in 1951; subsequently she danced for de Guevas's company, notably in the troupe's production of LA BELLE AU BOIS DORMANT, presumably as Aurora, before founding her own group, Le Grand Ballet classique de France.

I have no idea what role she's costumed for in the Foyer de la danse photo; the other is evidently Giselle from GISELLE II.

What I recall about her is that she had great success in a ballet called Blanche Neige, and was considered a good Giselle.

For some reason I seem to remember that she achieved etoile status rather speedily over her competitors.

Whatever the role in the foyer de danse photo, you have to admire the pragmatic qualities of the costume. The dark side panels emphasize verticality, and will be less likely to show a partner's handprints, especially if he's one of those who likes to partner with rosin on his hands!