This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Protégés II

Protégés II

Jun 6 - 8, 2008

Opera House

Running Time: 2 hrs. 10 min.

Following the resounding success of the inaugural Protégés in 2006, the Kennedy Center launches its second engagement of this biennial showcase of the world's greatest ballet academies. Within a single mixed repertory program, you can witness ballet in its purest form, as rising stars from Bolshoi Ballet Academy, Paris Opera Ballet School, Royal Ballet School, and School of American Ballet offer fresh insight into classic works and highlight their academy's distinctive training style. You won't want to miss this tantalizing glimpse into the future of the art form featuring the next generation of ballet brilliance.

Royal Ballet School: Galanteries (Bintley/Mozart) - 22 min.

pause - 5 min.

Paris Opera Ballet School: Soir de fête (Staats/Delibes) - 26 min.

Intermission - 20 min.

School of American Ballet: Concerto Barocco (Balanchine/J.S. Bach) - 19 min.

pause - 5 min.

Bolshoi Ballet Academy: Grand Pas from Paquita (Petipa/Minkus) - 32 min.

http://kennedy-center.org/calendar/index.c...amp;event=BIBSH

If anyone is in the Washington DC area and is going to this I would love to hear any feedback. I wish I could see all these talented students dancing in one performance but unfortunately due to my own rehearsal schedule I am unable to get away. My DK is performing in this event as part of the Royal Ballet School performance of David Bintley's Galantries. If anyone plans on going and would be so kind as to post their reactions to it would be greatly appreciated. :)