This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Manuel Legris leaving as Onegin!

Manuel Legris has stated that he will not leave at the end of this season; instead he will retire from the Paris Opera Ballet at the end of the 2008/2009 season, when the company performs Cranko's masterpiece Onegin.

Legris says he's had to dreams as a dancer. The first one dancing Neumier's Lady of Camelias at the Paris Opera (one wich he already has fulfilled), and the second, dancing Onegin at the Paris Opera (wich he will be able to do next spring).

It will be the perfect way of leaving the stage, in Cranko's beautiful full-lenght work, with glorius music by Tchaikovsky.

The company will performe Onegin April 16-May 20, 2009.

:P

:clapping::excl: What wonderful news, I hope to be able to go and see Manuel Legris in Onegin, it will be my last opportunity. I wanted to get to see him live, but have not been able to do so before. It means a special trip from the UK, and as I am going in July to see Dame aux Camellias and Signes, it will be another date for my Diary, even if it is only a quick trip.

It would be superb if Aurelie Dupont was back for Onegin, and to see them dance together again. before he leaves. The chemistry that exists between them in performance would be very memorable I am sure. :angry2: Hopefully the casting will be released in good time to book.

Do any of our French Members know when Aurelie is expected back ? Is she a new Maman yet ?

Nanarina, I hope that you will be able to see Legris as Onegin. And please, when you're back from your Paris trip in July, tell us about the performances you saw ! :-)

As far as I know, the POB never releases official information about its dancers pregnancies, and the "gossip" press is not very interested in ballet dancers (better for them, actually... :-) ) Here's all what I've found online about Aurélie Dupont's pregnancy, it dates back from December and just said that her baby was expected for "the beginning of the summer" (by the way, it's striking to see that they managed to choose such unflattering or badly focused photos- what an unfortunate choice, especially as finding nice photos of such a good-looking dancers shouldn't be difficult !) and that the baby's father is fellow étoile Jérémie Bélingard. By the way, I can't say that it's an interesting site...

http://www.purepeople.com/2309--EXCLUSIF-A...te-etoile-.html

:)

Nanarina, I hope that you will be able to see Legris as Onegin. And please, when you're back from your Paris trip in July, tell us about the performances you saw ! :-)

As far as I know, the POB never releases official information about its dancers pregnancies, and the "gossip" press is not very interested in ballet dancers (better for them, actually... :-) ) Here's all what I've found online about Aurélie Dupont's pregnancy, it dates back from December and just said that her baby was expected for "the beginning of the summer" (by the way, it's striking to see that they managed to choose such unflattering or badly focused photos- what an unfortunate choice, especially as finding nice photos of such a good-looking dancers shouldn't be difficult !) and that the baby's father is fellow étoile Jérémie Bélingard. By the way, I can't say that it's an interesting site...

http://www.purepeople.com/2309--EXCLUSIF-A...te-etoile-.html

Hello Estelle, Thank you for your post, that was the site I too confirmed suspitions after seeing Aurelie in Romeo and Juliette and a photograph taken in Germany in November, which bless her, she looked "interesting" in. It has since been anounced I think by Aurelie herself, (C'est une Fille) It's a girl? on Skyblog Aurelie Dupont, as well as mentioned on the Forum dedicated to her. I agree with you about the photograph, it does not do her justice, there are much better ones of her available, If you are interested there are a lot of lovely ones on dance.net, and also on the Skyblog, well worth a visit.

I wish them both the best of luck and congratulations. However, I am interested because I want very much to see her dance Onegin with Manuel Legris, if she is back, and is hopefully cast for it. :):wink:

Thanks for the update sounds like a great ballet to go out on, and everyone will have the pleasure of seeing him dance one more season.

Here's another reminder that a dancer's life as a performer is short. However, we will always remember their brilliance on stage.