This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Advices on Black Swan PDD???

Hello everybody!I'm back!Sorry for not writing in here for a very long time,but I have been quite busy as I have just started teaching ballet to a group of young girls at their first year....It's been hard!!!:tiphat:

I have a question for you.I am soon gonna perform Black Swan PDD as guest in a Gala.It's my first time with this PDD.I've always loved it and wanted to try to perform it.Let me say that I've changed my partner because I quarreled with my last one,and now have a better one! ;-).

My question is: What kind of advices would you give,as audience,to a couple of young dancers,as we are,for Black Swan pdd ? We don't need techical suggestions, but from the style point of view and also about the interpretation.We are taking inspiration from the version available also on Youtube,of Gregory-Bujones,as She dances the best black swan I've ever seen in my life from the interpretative point of view.On the other side,I can't find a Prince who can satisfy me completely....I think that many dancers do not know the real meaning of every movement or pantomime within this Pdd...I don't know myself too! and they look fake,or absent or banal. And this version is full of moments in which the price is supposed to stand still,waiting for her to come towards him,or of patomime....and as long as you have to do steps it is easy because you know what to do,but the hardest points are the ones in which you stand almost still !

So,Please,if you have any kind of advices to give us,if you know anything about the meaning of the pantomime etc,if you have a clear idea of what you would like to see in "the perfect black swan pdd" you have in your mind,you are really welcome !

Waiting for your answers;-).Thanks in advance.

Hello everybody!I'm back!Sorry for not writing in here for a very long time,but I have been quite busy as I have just started teaching ballet to a group of young girls at their first year....It's been hard!!!:blush:

I have a question for you.I am soon gonna perform Black Swan PDD as guest in a Gala.It's my first time with this PDD.I've always loved it and wanted to try to perform it.Let me say that I've changed my partner because I quarreled with my last one,and now have a better one! ;-).

My question is: What kind of advices would you give,as audience,to a couple of young dancers,as we are,for Black Swan pdd ? We don't need techical suggestions, but from the style point of view and also about the interpretation.We are taking inspiration from the version available also on Youtube,of Gregory-Bujones,as She dances the best black swan I've ever seen in my life from the interpretative point of view.On the other side,I can't find a Prince who can satisfy me completely....I think that many dancers do not know the real meaning of every movement or pantomime within this Pdd...I don't know myself too! and they look fake,or absent or banal. And this version is full of moments in which the price is supposed to stand still,waiting for her to come towards him,or of patomime....and as long as you have to do steps it is easy because you know what to do,but the hardest points are the ones in which you stand almost still !

So,Please,if you have any kind of advices to give us,if you know anything about the meaning of the pantomime etc,if you have a clear idea of what you would like to see in "the perfect black swan pdd" you have in your mind,you are really welcome !

Waiting for your answers;-).Thanks in advance.

1965 Alicia Alonso's Black Swan with Azari Plisetsky. To watch for HER interpretation, make up selection, hairstyle, mime, character development, seduction tools. Nothing on him.

It's on youtube, but for some reason, it's not showing here

1958 Alicia Alonso/Youskevitch Adagio. Watch his sensuality towards her, his masculinity and tenderness at the same time. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YIAPuE3VNso</a>[/url]

Recently defector from Ballet Nacional de Cuba Hayna Gutierrez and her softer approach to the role, which can be interesting to watch. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31sIsqO_EKc

dancerboy, I would also like to recomend while in the Youtube searching process to look for the keywords Rosario Suarez Black Swan (or Cisne negro). Rosario's display of flamboyancy to impress the court was always unique.

Hey BTW, just look at the codas, and get your partner to do the cuban sautees sur le pointe en arabesque penchee after the pirouettes!...See, Alonso was in her late 60's and did it. You guys will bring the house down if done..I guarantee.

Good luck!

dancerboy, I would also like to recomend while in the Youtube searching process to look for the keywords Rosario Suarez Black Swan (or Cisne negro). Rosario's display of flamboyancy to impress the court was always unique.

Hey BTW, just look at the codas, and get your partner to do the cuban sautees sur le pointe en arabesque penchee after the pirouettes!...See, Alonso was in her late 60's and did it. You guys will bring the house down if done..I guarantee.

Good luck!

Thank You for all of your advices!I'll take a look and let you know;-).