This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Bolle, Sarkarova La Scala version of SL

I cant quite work out why Siegfried and Odette get together. Does Siggie commit suicide which allows him to kill Rothbart?

Or is it just that his willingness to leap into the stream gives him enough ergs to kill Rothbart?

I do like this version as I think Bolle gets enough space to give an emotional rationale to most of the story. It's just this end bit that has me confused.

I cant quite work out why Siegfried and Odette get together. Does Siggie commit suicide which allows him to kill Rothbart?

Or is it just that his willingness to leap into the stream gives him enough ergs to kill Rothbart?

I do like this version as I think Bolle gets enough space to give an emotional rationale to most of the story. It's just this end bit that has me confused.

Did you watch the discussion that was available on the DVD, which explained how this version differed from the original? Was your question not answered in that discussion, i.e., is it more technical?