This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Ruthanna Boris

the attached scan of a Ballet Russe de Monte Carlo publicity photo is a portrait of Ruthanna Boris in LES SYLPHIDES. the newspaper caption attached to the back of the photo is dated sep. 1, 1947 but that doesn't date the photo - which was run on the date given to annouce the presentation by BRdMC of Boris's then new ballet, CIRQUE DE DEUX.

i also wonder what color her circlet of flowers was - the kirov wears pink for CHOPINIANA and if mem. serves Karsavina mentioned pink as the hue she wore, but ABT in what one presumes to have been Fokine's preference, has long worn blue.

i also wonder what role Boris danced: waltz, mazurka, prelude? and if she also did the pas de deux?

post-848-1208804025_thumb.jpg

the attached scan of a Ballet Russe de Monte Carlo publicity photo is a portrait of Ruthanna Boris in LES SYLPHIDES. the newspaper caption attached to the back of the photo is dated sep. 1, 1947 but that doesn't date the photo - which was run on the date given to annouce the presentation by BRdMC of Boris's then new ballet, CIRQUE DE DEUX.

i also wonder what color her circlet of flowers was - the kirov wears pink for CHOPINIANA and if mem. serves Karsavina mentioned pink as the hue she wore, but ABT in what one presumes to have been Fokine's preference, has long worn blue.

i also wonder what role Boris danced: waltz, mazurka, prelude? and if she also did the pas de deux?

I love her tutu. It seems to be very fluffy and multilayered-(my favorite approach to the romantic period, a la Maria Tallchief clip on Youtube; i really dislike those other see-thru two layered versions)