This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

ABT 2008 City Center season

Just took a quick look at the casting in the Times. A lot of TBA's. I am disappointed that there is no Lane/Corneja Ballo. I say Kajiya last year and thought she was miscast. I am so glad that Thomas is being given Jardin. For me (I am not able to go on Thursdays) wanting to see Lane is a problem but I'll probably get a ticket for 11/2 to see Thomas in Jardin. Ballo is TBA for that date. It probably won't be Lane as Kajiya is the Corneja partner for that ballet.

What do you all think?

Just took a quick look at the casting in the Times. A lot of TBA's. I am disappointed that there is no Lane/Corneja Ballo. I say Kajiya last year and thought she was miscast. I am so glad that Thomas is being given Jardin. For me (I am not able to go on Thursdays) wanting to see Lane is a problem but I'll probably get a ticket for 11/2 to see Thomas in Jardin. Ballo is TBA for that date. It probably won't be Lane as Kajiya is the Corneja partner for that ballet.

What do you all think?

I have not seen the Times casting but ,maybe, Sarah will be partnered by D Simkin. Is he cast in any ballet?

Times casting (ballets without casting given, not mentioned in the following):

Tues Oct 21: ?

Weds Oct 22: Leaves Fading Kent, Gomes

Thurs Oct 23: Leaves Reyes, Saveliev; Theme and Vars Lane, Cornejo

Fri Oct 24: Pillar of Fire Murphy, Hallberg, Gomes

Sat Mat Oct 25: Pillar Kent, Savaliev, Carreno; Theme: Wiles, ?

Sat Eve Oct 25: Leaves Reyes, Saveliev

Sun Mat Oct 26: Leaves Kent, Gomes

Sun EVE Oct 26: Pillar Wiles, Hallberg, Gomes

Tues Oct 28: Ballo Della Regina Murphy, Hallberg; Brief Fling Reyes, Cornejo

Weds Oct 29: Jardin aux Lilas Kent, ?, Boone, Zhurbin; Brief Herrera, Gomes

Thurs Oct 30: Ballo Wiles, Hallberg; Jardin Thomas, ?, Part, Krauchenka

Friday Oct 31 TUDOR GALA: ?

Sat Mat Nov 1: Ballo Kajiya, Cornejo; Brief Herrera, Gomes

Sat Eve Nov 1: Brief Reyes, Cornejo

Sun Mat Nov 2: Jardin Thomas, ?, Part, Krauchenka

Sun Eve Nov 2: ?

So, other than the required Tudor Gala (there're bound to be some great performances, even with the company's often random casting) and the new Stallings, there are the two Thursdays mentioned above, the Murphy Pillar, and the Thomas/Part Jardins so far.

The Calendar on ABT's site now lists some casting and lots of TBAs.

This spotty first announcement is normal for ABT's City Center season. Check regularly for updates.

I don't think they have started the rehearsal period yet.It is not expected for the casting of the new revivals and production to be announced until the artistic staff has seen the dancers perform.The cast that were posted are essentially the same from the last CC season.

Isn't Ethan Steifel supposed to be dancing at the City Center engagement? He is not listed in any casting. I'm glad to see Veronika Part is cast in Lilac Garden.

Steifel wasn't listed in the most recent brochure that I received from ABT about the CC season.

Isn't Ethan Steifel supposed to be dancing at the City Center engagement? He is not listed in any casting. I'm glad to see Veronika Part is cast in Lilac Garden.

Steifel wasn't listed in the most recent brochure that I received from ABT about the CC season.

I noticed that the original brochure that ABT sent out in early summer indicated that Steifel would appear; however, Carreno was not on the roster. However, in the most recent brochure, Steifel is not listed, and Carreno is listed as appearing at the City Center engagement. That makes me wonder what's going on with Steifel. I hope he's not injured again.