This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

1973 films of Valse Fantaisie, Barocco and La Valse

http://www.theaterkanal.de/fernsehen/monat...rk-city-ballett

Three of the unfortunately edited 1973 films.

They're not going to win any best-edited-dance-film awards :thanks: and some of them will have you throwing things at the screen but Balanchinophiles who haven't seen them might be interested, if only for the dancers and the chance to see the 1973 NYCB.

Valse Fantaisie is the one with the least intrusive editing and it's a delight (with Leland and Cliffort). Barocco (with McBride, Sumner and Martins) has long streches where the editing is not terribly disorienting esp around the 3rd movement so it's worth sticking through the rought parts (of which there are many)

http://www.theaterkanal.de/fernsehen/monat...rk-city-ballett

Three of the unfortunately edited 1973 films.

They're not going to win any best-edited-dance-film awards :thanks: and some of them will have you throwing things at the screen but Balanchinophiles who haven't seen them might be interested, if only for the dancers and the chance to see the 1973 NYCB.

Valse Fantaisie is the one with the least intrusive editing and it's a delight (with Leland and Cliffort). Barocco (with McBride, Sumner and Martins) has long streches where the editing is not terribly disorienting esp around the 3rd movement so it's worth sticking through the rought parts (of which there are many)

How did you see these? I don't see any link on this site to video--is this merely a listing of upcoming broadcasts (sorry my German is very rusty)?

How did you see these? I don't see any link on this site to video--is this merely a listing of upcoming broadcasts (sorry my German is very rusty)?
Sorry, I thought it was clear from the thread's subtitle that the post regards satelite tv. I don't know where the satelites that carry ZDF theater can reach (most of Europe at least, maybe the US too?). But I thought I might give a heads up since sometimes it may take a few years between ZDF's random reruns. They're quite easy to miss.

The comments on the editing of the videos are based on previous broadcasts. Some of the 1973 videos (esp Serenade) can be pretty hard to take if you're not warned.

But some are pretty decent.