This site uses cookies. By using this site, you agree to accept cookies, unless you've opted out. (US government web page with instructions to opt out: http://www.usa.gov/optout-instructions.shtml)

Yulia Makhalina

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Solnishka79

Solnishka79

• PipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 13 March 2008 - 08:09 PM

Does anyone have any recent info on one of my favorite ballerinas, Yulia Makhalina? I know she recently won a state award but what about her dancing? Coaching, retiring anytime soon, family??

#2 innopac

innopac

Gold Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 784 posts

Posted 02 August 2008 - 01:56 PM

There is a new two part youtube (in Russian). Search: makhalina mata hari

Haven't had a chance to watch it yet :)

"2 parts with Kirov Mariinsky ballerina, Yulia Makhalina , in a 2008 production of Mata Hari with Ilya Kuznetsov . A very rare clip is shown inside the Mariinsky Theater in 1997 with Natalia Dudinskaya coaching Makhalina in Raymonda. Dudinskaya rarely coached inside the theater in the 90s. Makhalina is shown performing Raymonda with Konstantin Zaklinsy , Swan Lake and Don Quixote with Alexander Korkov , Le Jeunne Homme Et La Morte with Igor Zelensky , Anna Karenina with Konstantin Zaklinsky , Sheherazade with Faroukh Ruzimatov and a solo in Cinderella."

Does anyone know anything about the ballet Mata Hari?

#3 Jayne

Jayne

Gold Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 879 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 07:29 PM

In some of the threads about Fateyev people have bemoaned the lack of opportunities for Julia Makhalina - even though she is still listed as a principal.

This is the most recent performance I can find, of Leonid Yakobsen's "Spartak".

She looks pretty good! I'm not sure what theatre is hosting her. The videos were posted in Dec.2012.

#4 Jayne

Jayne

Gold Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 879 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 07:39 PM

If you forward to 5:45 you can see an excerpt from Mata Hari. It's not grand ballet, but it is quite dramatic.

Earlier in the video you can see her dancing Don Q, my what a major difference between Julia and 2013 casting for Keenan Kampa.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):