This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

KennedyCenter 08/09 Season

Thanks Natalia. The Suzanne Farrell Ballet offerings look interesting:

"The Suzanne Farrell Ballet performs two Balanchine programs: Episodes with Ballet Austin, Ragtime, and Liebeslieder Walzer, plus "The Balanchine Couple."

The Farrell offerings *do* sound interesting, Dale. Also, hopefully the various mixed bills by other companies may offer some imaginative programming.

re. ABT Swan Lake - It just dawned on me...Didn't ABT bring Swan Lake to the Kennedy Center just three seasons ago, when the DVD was filmed?

The Kennedy Center is really Thinking Outside the Box this time. :smilie_mondieu:

The Kirov has come under fire for its offerings at Kennedy Center but ABT is just as guilty. It has performed Swan Lake there a lot in the last few years, yet could have done Raymonda or Syvia - both new productions.

The Kirov has come under fire for its offerings at Kennedy Center but ABT is just as guilty. It has performed Swan Lake there a lot in the last few years, yet could have done Raymonda or Syvia - both new productions.

I would have loved to have seen Sylvia. Depending on casting, I may skip Swan Lake and double up on tickets for the Farrell bill with Liebeslieder Walzer, which I've never seen live, and Episodes, which I've never seen at all. And in regards to Episodes, I suppose it's pretty unlikely, but it would be just like Farrell and the way she's used her company to resurrect rarities, for her to work with Paul Taylor and with the Martha Graham folks to bring back that original choreography.

So many great companies coming....!!! :) Wow. ABT (depending on casting) and RB (I'm not familiar at all with Manon) right now look most interesting. But very exciting to also see Kirov and Bolshoi!

I just checked the Kennedy Center's website and it looks like the Mariinsky will be bringing "Don Q." next season and the Bolshoi will be bringing the revamped "Corsaire". :thumbsup: (I was still hoping for Raymonda from the Mariinsky but maybe 09-10....)

(I'm clapping because I'm excited to have them both here in the same season!) I'm really interested to see Corsaire!