This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

"La Belle arrive a la plage..."

Finally we'll get to see it. The controversial production of ABT's Beauty opens thursday 13 t. Sunday 16. Let's see. The following is from the Arsht Center Website:

"RECENTLY HERALDED AS 'ONE OF THE GREATEST AND GRANDEST BALLET COMPANIES IN THE WHOLE WIDE WORLD' BY THE NEW YORK TIMES’ JOHN ROCKWELL"

Big words... :)

So anyways, Welcome back, ABT!!! :dunno:

http://www.carnivalcenter.org/tickets/tick...anceNumber=2000

"RECENTLY HERALDED AS 'ONE OF THE GREATEST AND GRANDEST BALLET COMPANIES IN THE WHOLE WIDE WORLD' BY THE NEW YORK TIMES’ JOHN ROCKWELL"

Big words... :)

Mon dieu, indeed, but more inane than big. 'whole wide world' sounds a bit Coney Island side-show to me. Should fit the famed ABT SB sets perfectly, let them do it at Epcot Center maybe as an encore. I also like the 'Recent Heralding', and wonder if the website can provide us with an exact date for such plaudit. One can only wish for more 'Recently Having Been Heralded'both for oneself and for others as well...

Miami casting, posted on the ABT website, is as follows. I'm assuming that the list applies to the roles in the following order:

AURORA

PRINCE

LILAC FAIRY

CARABOSSE

Thurs 3/13 8pm

Herrera, Hallberg, Part, van Hamel

Fri 3/14 8pm

Kent, Carreno, Wiles, Raffa

Sat 3/15 2pm

Dvorovenko, Belotserkovsky, Abrera, Bystrova

Sat 3/15 7:30pm

Reyes, Carreno, Riccetto, Raffa

Sun 3/16 2pm

Wiles, Hallberg, Part, van Hamel

I'm driving down for the Sunday matinee and am excited to get the chance to see Part (after reading so many fascinating posts on BT) and van Hamel, one of my absolute favorites from the old days. Sorry to miss Nancy Raffa's Carabosse: she was a Ballet Mistress at Miami City until a a couple of years ago.