This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

BALLET TALK merchandise

There having been no objection raised by Administrators or Moderators, I want to let you all in on a project we're working on at the other board, Ballet Talk for Dancers.

We're rounding the far turn on providing members with the opportunity to have site-dedicated articles, such as tee-shirts and coffee mugs available for order through a provider, either zazzle.com or cafepress.com. We will not have to maintain an inventory, and the provider will accord us a "finder's fee", very like the relationship this site has with amazon.com. There is no startup or design fee involved, and the member, or anyone who wants one can order through the site, and we'll be able to receive revenue for the order.

We're going to start easy, with just the masthead title, simple and dignified, as the art, but we will extend the line as consumer interest seems to dictate. Both Ballet Talk and Ballet Talk for Dancers will be represented.

What do you all think? Anybody with experience in dealing with either of these two firms? Any products you can give us a consumer report on? Suggestions (keep it clean! :wallbash: ) are welcome.

This is a wonderful and very welcome idea! :wallbash:

The tee-shirts and coffee mugs are a great way to start. Future products could include dance bags, sleepwear, sweats, and key rings.

On a different note how about Ballet Talk vodka to drown your sorrows in after seeing a particularly bad ballet performance? :)

Right, these are all ideas we've discussed and if member interest warrants, we'll extend the lines into baseball caps, magnets, totes, and so forth, trying to match a soft (cap) with a hard (magnet) product. And yes, identity would be a big plus for gatherings and lobby meetings!

If anybody picks up further information, I'd love to know about it!

I like the image of the Sylphide on the BT4D site -- would look great on a t shirt or a mug. I'd wear it.

You mean the one from the Ballet Alert! site? I agree it's a pretty picture, but Alexandra got the rights to use it for that site alone, and further use would involve further rights-getting. Besides, there exists a body of thought that is scrupulous against the use of real people, living or dead, for Ballet Talk for Dancers. It is their right, and to be respected. That ought not to stop Ballet Talk from doing so, however, if there is no like body of thought here.

There having been no objection raised by Administrators or Moderators, I want to let you all in on a project we're working on at the other board, Ballet Talk for Dancers.

We're rounding the far turn on providing members with the opportunity to have site-dedicated articles, such as tee-shirts and coffee mugs available for order through a provider, either zazzle.com or cafepress.com. We will not have to maintain an inventory, and the provider will accord us a "finder's fee", very like the relationship this site has with amazon.com. There is no startup or design fee involved, and the member, or anyone who wants one can order through the site, and we'll be able to receive revenue for the order.

We're going to start easy, with just the masthead title, simple and dignified, as the art, but we will extend the line as consumer interest seems to dictate. Both Ballet Talk and Ballet Talk for Dancers will be represented.

What do you all think? Anybody with experience in dealing with either of these two firms? Any products you can give us a consumer report on? Suggestions (keep it clean! :thumbsup: ) are welcome.

Mel: Great idea.

I have used Cafe Press three times; they produce quality merchandise, and have terrific customer service.

JIM