This site uses cookies. By using this site, you agree to accept cookies, unless you've opted out. (US government web page with instructions to opt out: http://www.usa.gov/optout-instructions.shtml)

Famous Ballet GoersResearch

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#46 duffster

• PipPipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 12 September 2009 - 09:09 AM

Years ago Peter Falk came to see us at the Harkness Ballet in LA, he also came backstage, I was fortunate to meet him. With the Penna. Ballet, Christopher Reeve came to see us in Brooklyn NY when we would have a series there. Juliet Prowse also saw us in LA.

#47 Mme. Hermine

Mme. Hermine

Emeralds Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,991 posts

Posted 12 September 2009 - 09:20 AM

Juliet Prowse took class a lot at Stanley Holden's in LA. :smilie_mondieu:

#48 carbro

Late Board Registrar

• Rest in Peace
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,361 posts

Posted 12 September 2009 - 01:11 PM

Maybe my best sighting was during the Romeo and Juliet this year. I all of a sudden heard a little commotion and turned towards the aisle and saw Allegra Kent walking down the aisle. ... She is as pretty as ever ... .

I've often seen Allegra at ABT, and she is not "as pretty as ever." :smilie_mondieu: She's prettier! :)

A friend of mine was a greeter/bouncer (for lack of a better word) for ABT's donors' lounge for a few years and frequently admitted Jackie Onassis and Maurice Templesman. At Mrs. Onassis' passing she became a bit anxious -- would she recognize Mr. Templesman without her? I'm not sure that ever happened.

Susan Sontag was an NYCB regular during Balanchine's lifetime.

The first hint I had that there was something going on between Darci Kistler and Peter Martins was when I spotted her holding his arm at a Paul Taylor performance. They married a little more than a year later.

#49 kfw

Sapphire Circle

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,668 posts

Posted 12 September 2009 - 03:37 PM

Wasn't Madeleine L'Engle an NYCB regular? I know she contributed that piece to the the Tributes book. I saw Kent at one of the Kirov's Balanchine evenings in '99. Lovely indeed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases. (If it doesn't appear below, your computer's or browser's adblockers may have blocked display):