Famous Ballet GoersResearch

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#46 duffster

duffster

• PipPipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 12 September 2009 - 09:09 AM

Years ago Peter Falk came to see us at the Harkness Ballet in LA, he also came backstage, I was fortunate to meet him. With the Penna. Ballet, Christopher Reeve came to see us in Brooklyn NY when we would have a series there. Juliet Prowse also saw us in LA.

#47 Mme. Hermine

Mme. Hermine

Emeralds Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,732 posts

Posted 12 September 2009 - 09:20 AM

Juliet Prowse took class a lot at Stanley Holden's in LA. :smilie_mondieu:

#48 carbro

carbro

Late Board Registrar

• Rest in Peace
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,361 posts

Posted 12 September 2009 - 01:11 PM

Maybe my best sighting was during the Romeo and Juliet this year. I all of a sudden heard a little commotion and turned towards the aisle and saw Allegra Kent walking down the aisle. ... She is as pretty as ever ... .

I've often seen Allegra at ABT, and she is not "as pretty as ever." :smilie_mondieu: She's prettier! :)

A friend of mine was a greeter/bouncer (for lack of a better word) for ABT's donors' lounge for a few years and frequently admitted Jackie Onassis and Maurice Templesman. At Mrs. Onassis' passing she became a bit anxious -- would she recognize Mr. Templesman without her? I'm not sure that ever happened.

Susan Sontag was an NYCB regular during Balanchine's lifetime.

The first hint I had that there was something going on between Darci Kistler and Peter Martins was when I spotted her holding his arm at a Paul Taylor performance. They married a little more than a year later.

#49 kfw

kfw

Sapphire Circle

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,311 posts

Posted 12 September 2009 - 03:37 PM

Wasn't Madeleine L'Engle an NYCB regular? I know she contributed that piece to the the Tributes book. I saw Kent at one of the Kirov's Balanchine evenings in '99. Lovely indeed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):