This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Thread display

Perhaps this problem isn't boardwide, but as of today suddenly threads aren't displaying in their old manner for me.

Instead of the topic being followed by all the replies until a new page is necessary, every reply is now only accessible through some sort of links outline. It's extremely cumbersome and makes following the discussion or backing out to the forum level quite a chore.

Is there a way I can adjust my personal settings to get threads to display as they always have in the past? Or is this some sort of transitional state like the Apache thing that will clear up in a few days?

Phwew! Thank you! Thanks Mel for the post number (which doesn't show up in outline mode but at least I could count about 30 items down and hunt) and Helene for the short answer..It took me a while to find "options"... I kept looking at all the menu items on the Balletalk banner.... but it's in the top right hand corner the thread "box". (Added in case anyone else finds themselves in the same predicament). I wonder why it switched on me. Anyway, a big thank you!

And Happy Lincoln's Birthday!

I, too, appreciate this, and didn't know I could go back to Standard. The outline way is ungainly in several ways, including the way it re-schedules posts when new ones interacts with them in some way (and these are mostly unnecessary re-arrangements, even if they do 'make sense'--it's just most people don't need that kind of spoonfeeding to navigate a simple thread, and would prefer to make their own decisions on what they want to juxtapose). I've been irritated by this for some weeks, and am so glad you asked Amy.

I, too, appreciate this, and didn't know I could go back to Standard. The outline way is ungainly in several ways, including the way it re-schedules posts when new ones interacts with them in some way (and these are mostly unnecessary re-arrangements, even if they do 'make sense'--it's just most people don't need that kind of spoonfeeding to navigate a simple thread, and would prefer to make their own decisions on what they want to juxtapose). I've been irritated by this for some weeks, and am so glad you asked Amy.

Time to confess papeetepatrick...i too was several weeks thinking that it was a new format adopted by the board and having a hard time following discussions.. (Oops...!! :clapping: )

I don't recall making any adjustments or subscribing to any threads... just one day it happened, all the threads were in outline format...

Would I know if I had accessed Ballettalk through Google? I have the site favorited and don't go through Google to get here. It's not transparent is it? Would it have happened if I searched Google for something else and followed a link to Ballettalk (not an unusual occurence), would it then reset Ballettalk for any other time I accessed it?

Curious situation. I'll experiment a bit.

It depends. Check the URL in your Favorites link.

I just tried coming in via Google and found the outline format. I clicked from the topic page to the home page and then to a new topic, got outline. I closed the window. Then I opened a new window directly to BT and got standard.

Apparently there are two URLs which behave differently. If you have been viewing in outline form, close the window and enter http://ballettalk.invisionzone.com/ you get one, if you enter http://ballettalk.invisionzone.com/index.php?act=idx , you get the other, but I lost track just now of which is which.