This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

I saw Osage County this week and it deserves all the hurrahs it has received. The playwright Tracy Letts has given us another memorable character to ruminate over. The character Violet Weston (performed superbly by Deanna Dunagan) joins the hallowed company of Mary Tyrone and Amanda Wingfield; like those two she permeates your very being. She can be quite caustic and has a touch of Medea--and she constantly puts herself out on a limb. She is hard to shake off. The play was long--3 hrs and 10 minutes, with 2 intermissions---unusual in itself for a new play. It was a bumpy ride with this disfunctional family.

The character Violet Weston (performed superbly by Deanna Dunagan) joins the hallowed company of Mary Tyrone and Amanda Wingfield; like those two she permeates your very being.

Wow. That's rarefied company. Thank you very much for the review, atm711. I hope anyone else who has seen it will chime in.

A friend of mine is supposed to be getting us tickets - hope she comes thru. I've heard nothing but good things about this play. I didn't know it was so long - you get your moneys worth I guess.

Welcome to the forum, Barbara. Do tell us about the play if you see it.