• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Jane Simpson

Jane Simpson

Gold Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 941 posts

Posted 19 January 2008 - 08:01 AM

The Royal Opera House has begun to add material from its archives to its website. Go to

http://www.rohcollections.org.uk/

and you can see cast lists for all first night since 1946 (to be extended eventually to cover all performances!) and also the first photographic collection - pictures by Frank Sharman, dating from the late 1940s, and giving many more photos than I've ever seen before of, for instance, Ashton's Les Sirčnes. Hours of fun!

#2 rg

rg

Emeralds Circle

• Editorial Advisor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,444 posts

Posted 19 January 2008 - 08:23 AM

what a wonderful trove and handy link!
too bad the data on the '68 SLEEPING BEAUTY doesn't give casting.
i'd always assumed the prod. was made for sibley and dowell - awakening pas de deux and all that - but a special fold-out/insert to the prod. that i acquired some time back has beriosova and macleary listed for the first night cast - but then i THINK someone said they didn't appear due to indisposition.
so if the prod. was meant to be first shown by beriosova and macleary - on whom did ashton create the awakening pas - if sibley and dowell - is it odd that they weren't given the first perf?
or maybe i'm confused on all of these points...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):