This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Free Open Rehearsal @ NYCB

I just found this announcement on NYCBallet.com:

FREE DRESS REHEARSALS: DOUBLE FEATURE

JANUARY 30 & 31

With wonderful support from CIT and the New York City Department of Cultural Affairs, NYCB is pleased to invite you to learn more about the Company, or perhaps
discover New York City Ballet
for the first time, by attending one or both of two free dress rehearsals of
Double Feature
on Wednesday,
January 30 and
Thursday,
January 31
at the New York State Theater at Lincoln Center (63rd St. & Broadway).
Double Feature
is the first full-length ballet by Broadway phenomenon and five-time Tony Award-winner Susan Stroman. Created in 2004, the ballet is a hilarious homage to the silent movie era set to the grand music of Irving Berlin and Walter Donaldson. Ms. Stroman will be conducting both rehearsals, which are open to the general public. It is a rare opportunity to witness an artist rehearsing and coaching a work of their own making. The rehearsals will feature sets by Broadway great Robin Wagner and costumes by the acclaimed William Ivey Long, and the full NYCB Orchestra.

Act I "The Blue Necklace
" can be seen on Wednesday, January 30.

Doors open at 1 pm. Rehearsal begins at 1:15 pm and concludes at 2:30 pm.

Act II "Makin' Whoopee!"
can be seen on Thursday, January 31.

Doors open at 1:15 pm. Rehearsal begins at 1:30 pm and concludes at 2:45 pm.

This offer can only be accessed online beginning Monday, January 21, 2008 at 9 am.
Go to
to place your request. Tickets will be assigned by the Box Office on a first-come, first-served basis. Individuals may order up to 2 tickets for one or both rehearsals. Upon receipt of your ticket request you will receive an immediate email acknowledgment of your order. Dress rehearsal tickets will be mailed to you and you will have assigned seating. There will be no Box Office distribution of tickets. For Wheelchair Locations/Tickets only, call the New York State Theater Box Office at 212-870-5570.

This opportunity to discover New York City Ballet is made possible by CIT Capital.

Additional support is provided by the New York City Department of Cultural Affairs.

Thanks for the reminder. I just completed my order. So what is a little hooky from work?

At this point (2 pm) the site is "pausing" submissions to catch up. I would have applied, but to see the ballet over two days would be prohibitive for someone like myself coming from out of town. Good idea on their part, though, and much better than forcing people to stand in line for hours as with R + J last year.