This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

St. Petersburg Ballet Theatre

Well, just saw this company perform Giselle last week here in Columbus, Georgia. Alexandra Badina played the main role. At the time I didn't know about this name issue and just assumed that there was only one St Petersburg Ballet Theater. I can't say I'm really moved one way or the other about the whole thing, but it has taught me to do my own research and not rely on the local yokels to give accurate info regarding who is performing and whether or not there will be a live orchestra. The box office specifically told me there would be an orchestra but I knew by looking at the seating chart that the orchestra pit area was also available. So either I would be sitting next to a horn player or there would be no orchestra. Too bad about that, but Russian ballet doesn't happen every day here so I value the opportunity and will forgive the taped music.

By the way, I'm in love with Alexandra Badina. :bow:

So either I would be sitting next to a horn player or there would be no orchestra.

In that case you must have been glad there was no orchestra! ;)

I can't remember when last I saw a foreign company (or even a local one) performing to live orchestra. Even the Bolshoi brings 'canned music' when they visit here. It is a pity as it does affect the ambience of the whole thing dramatically.